Tuesday, July 24, 2007

independence day

Been a melancholy day today. Nothing seemed to go right at work. Not to mention being triple-booked. People have expectations. And I as much as any.

I never expected my kids to grow up without my mom being around. I was sure I would have the other problem - keeping her from spoiling them. But today marks two years without her, and it's starting to settle in on my heart. And it's settling heavy.

I called my dad. He said he raised the flags today. I thought he meant he raised them to half mast. But he's been flying them half mast the whole month of July. He has dubbed today as my mom's Independence Day.

1 comment:

MJ said...

The thing I have always had such a hard time with in life is how little time there is for grief. You gotta keep those plates spinning, you know.

I know what it is to really, really miss someone. I lost my Papa 15 years ago and I still miss him so very much.

I pray that you have time to pause and time to grieve as you need.

This song is resonating with me. It's in my heart and has found my voice. I admit to being a Christina Perry fan. I've been known to...