Wednesday, January 18, 2006

concentric red circles

Two people I know were having this conversation on-line. This first guy is in Bible college and really wants to make a difference in life, but life seems to be coming at him in slow motion. So much learning and so little doing, and he's feeling the subduing effects of this protracted process of education. Here's how he imaged his dilemma:

There's a line from Return of the King that hit me this morning, one that may explain why i'm so impatient sometimes. When Aragorn and Eowyn are talking in Edoras, he asks her what she fears. Her response resonated so deep within me. "A cage, to grow old until all chance of valour has gone beyond desire or ability." That's my fear. To never have the chance to stand in battle, with comrades all around. To never have the chance to stand, really stand and live. Can anybody relate? Has anybody dealt with this before?

-T-


And here's my friend's advice, that was too good not to post here:

The most important parts of the battle look initially to be the most mundane. The enemy does not paint concentric red circles on his weak spots.

-V-

No comments:

This song is resonating with me. It's in my heart and has found my voice. I admit to being a Christina Perry fan. I've been known to...