Monday, July 25, 2005

The Eagle Has Flown

Mom's fight with melanoma is over. She won. The cancer has no more body to take over while her soul has been released to join with the Lover of her soul. Mom and Dad's favorite scripture is,


But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not grow weary, they shall run and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31


It is very comforting to know she's in a better place than this old world in a body that was wasting away, overrun by something nobody down here really understands.

1 comment:

Ron and Marilyn said...

It is because of the resurrection that the saying is true of Jesus that He came to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.

I know it was at the death of my dad that I, for the first time, truly felt that crown of beauty and the oil of gladness and doned the garment of praise. I pray your comfort from the Lord at this temporary separation from your mom will be found in His strength. Praise God for the empty tomb!

- - Ron

This song is resonating with me. It's in my heart and has found my voice. I admit to being a Christina Perry fan. I've been known to...