Wednesday, November 16, 2005

rabbit's map

I thought I would post a conversation I had with a friend a few months ago. It's pretty self-explanatory.


friend: I think Rabbit in Pooh Bear reminds me of the "church"
me: yeah?
friend: yeah
me: splain
friend: nobody likes him-oops! LOL! ok one sec
friend: well..he's all about business, HARVEST TIME, the map (in the Winnie the Pooh vid) and...never about a feast or fellowship
me: yeah, and always wanting to tell everybody else what to do
me: concerned about the "RIGHT" way
friend: yup
me: and always seems constipated
friend:
A map is not a guess
An estimation or a hunch
A feeling or a foolish intuition

A map is a dependable
Unwavering, inarguably accurate
Portrayer, of your position

Never trust your ears
Your nose, your eyes
Putting faith in them
Is most unwise
Here's a phrase you all
Must memorise
In the printed word
Is where truth lies

Never trust your tummies
Tails, or toes
You can't learn a thing
From any of those
Here's another fact
I must disclose
From the mighty pen
True wisdom flows

If it says so
Then it is so
If it is so
Well so it is
A thought's not fit to think
'Til it's printed in ink
Then it says so
So it is

Never trust that thing
Between your ears
Brains will get you nowhere fast
My dears
Haven't had a need
For mine in years
On the page is where
The truth appears

If it says so
Then it is so
If it is so
So it is
A thought's not fit to think
'Til it's printed in ink
Never differ from or doubt it
Or go anywhere without it

Thank goodness we've got this

So we don't need to fret about it
If it says so
So it is

friend: ROFL!
friend: ^ Rabbit sings that in the video - it's on right now
me: OH MY GOSH!!!!!
friend: LOL
me: THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE
friend: I know
friend: hehehe
friend: :-)
friend: I might FWD to everyone
me: please do!
friend: ok
me: see what he's saying?
me: there's no place for feeling
me: no place for the senses
me: no place for the body
friend: yup
me: i can't tell you how much I disagree with that
friend: HA!
me: well, maybe i can
friend: um
friend: no need
friend: we all know
friend: :-D

1 comment:

Jon said...

Reminds me of the way most denominations claim to look at the scriptures. This is from the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches (GARBC) Articles of Faith:

The Scriptures
We believe in the authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, as originally written; that it was verbally and plenarily inspired and is the product of Spirit-controlled men, and therefore is infallible and inerrant in all matters of which it speaks.

We believe the Bible to be the true center of Christian unity and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creed and opinions shall be tried. 2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21.

http://www.garbc.org/artfaith.php

This song is resonating with me. It's in my heart and has found my voice. I admit to being a Christina Perry fan. I've been known to...